1. FOOTING INSPECTION-
• Prior to pouring concrete
• Minimum of 24” inches below finished grade
• Pole buildings must be a minimum 36” inches below grade
• Re-bar and reinforcement tied and in place (when required)
• Footings free of debris, organic material and water
• Concrete shall not be placed on frozen soil
2. FOUNDATION SET BACK INSPECTION-
• For projects utilizing an engineering company to perform
• footing inspections.
• Not required if a sealed foundation as-built survey is
• Foundation installed
• No framing started
3. PRE-SLAB INSPECTION-
• Required for conditioned areas on slab on grade for “Pole
Building” style dwellings or dwellings with “turndown”
• Perimeter insulation installed prior to pouring slab
• Proof of DE State plumbing inspection MUST be on site
4. TRACK INSPECTION-
• Required for pre-engineered sunrooms
• Track installed for floor and/or roof panels
5. HOUSEWRAP/FRAMING INSPECTION-
• Housewrap inspection may be scheduled before the framing
inspection as a separate inspection.
• Building is weather tight (roof covering & housewrap)
• Electrical and plumbing inspected with stickers on site
• Mechanical ducts and boots installed and sealed
• Draft stopping and fire blocking completed
• Basement waterproofing complete and
• Certifications for pre-engineered products on site
• Framing inspection before exterior covering is installed.
• No insulation is to be installed before framing inspection
• Pole buildings require a header inspection prior to any
exterior or interior wall covering is installed
• Plant built portions of modular homes do not require
framing inspection but are required a “Close-In” inspection
after the units are set and before mating wall have exterior
• Site built portions of a modular home project are still
required a framing inspection.
6. ENERGY INSPECTIONS (DWELLINGS ONLY)-
• Energy compliance form (“Res-Check”) must be on site.
• Building envelope sealed from all air drafts
• All insulation properly installed.
• Thermal stickers for doors and windows must be in place.
• Modular homes to have all air gaps in mating walls sealed
and site-built portion such as: finished cape cods, rooms
over garages, additional living spaces…etc.) certification
and a permanent certificate must be completed and posted
in or around the electric box before final inspection.
7. FINAL INSPECTION-
• Work is completed
• Electrical and plumbing have been inspected with stickers
• Blower door/energy certification posted in or around
• Duct blaster certification ONLY if any of duct work is in
• Rough grade for proper drainage away from structure
• Gutters and downspouts installed
• 911 addresses must be posted
• Attic and crawlspace insulation installed
• Must provide access to attic areas
8. County approved plans must be kept on job site for inspectors'
review to receive an inspection.
9. Additional inspections after 5 inspections (except Modular
Home projects without site-built additions) shall be charged
$40.00 per trip and to be paid before the issuance of the
certificate of occupancy. Modular Home projects will be
charged $40.00 per trip after 4 inspections.