Application for Admission Revised July 2019
(Documentation of admission requirements are due in the Thatcher Nursing office by 2 business days
prior to the start of the semester or the applicant’s admission slot is forfeited.)
• Meet admission requirements to Eastern Arizona College
• Current American Heart Association CPR Basic Life Support (BLS) card
• Current Arizona Licensed Nursing Assistant number in good standing
• Meet the minimum math requirements set forth by the Nursing Program by demonstrating
competency through testing or course completion (HCE 116) in addition to math requirements
• Complete Immunization Record and Nursing Physical Form
• Urine drug screen through www.VerifyStudents.com (Corporate Screening)
• Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
• Transcript verification of the following prerequisites with grades of “C” or better:
- CHM 130 or higher (CHM 138 Preferred)
- MAT 100 Applied Mathematics or math placement score into MAT154.
- PSY 101 Introduction to Psychology
- BIO 201 Anatomy & Physiology I
BACKGROUND CLEARANCE: All Eastern Arizona College healthcare students are required to complete a
criminal background check and drug screen. Previous background checks and drug screens are not valid.
The college will send information on how and when to obtain these requirements. Enrollment is
contingent on passing disposition on the background check. Once admitted, students have a duty to
immediately report to the Program Director any arrests, convictions, placement on exclusion databases,
suspension, removal of the DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card or removal or discipline imposed on any
professional license or certificate at any time during enrollment in the program. Any student who loses
eligibility to participate in clinical experiences due to inability to meet program requirements will be
withdrawn from the program.
At all times during enrollment students must obtain and maintain BOTH a valid Level One Fingerprint
Clearance Card and a passing disposition on the Certified Background check. Admission requirements
related to background checks are subject to change as mandated by clinical experience partners.
NOTE: (Pursuant to A.R.S. § 32-1606(B)(16), an applicant for professional or practical nurse license by
examination is not eligible for licensure if the applicant has one or more felony convictions and who has
not received an absolute discharge from the sentences for all felony convictions three or more years
before the date of filing an application. If the applicant cannot prove that the absolute discharge date is
three or more years before the date of filing the application, the Board of Nursing cannot process the
application.) ARS§ 32-1663 Section A “the Board may DENY any license applied for under this chapter if
the applicant commits an act of unprofessional conduct.”
DIRECTIONS FOR APPLICATION
Completed applications (with required documentation of all application requirements) must be submitted
to the Eastern Arizona College Nursing Office, located in the Nursing Education Center (615 N. Stadium
Avenue, Thatcher, AZ 85552-0769) by 5:00 PM October 1
for January admission and by 5:00 PM March
for August admission. No late or incomplete applications are accepted. Students are responsible for
providing proof of pre/co-requisite courses currently in progress as well as the current course grade.
Applicants are responsible for verifying completeness of their files by the date required by contacting
the Nursing office at (928) 428-8396.