Educational Plan for Success
Student Name: _____________________________________________________ Student ID: _________________________
Program of Study: ___________________________________________ Certificate ____ Diploma ____ Degree_____
Educational Plan for Success:
In an effort for you to plan, strategize and gain knowledge to optimize your chances of succeeding as a student, a full account of
how you plan to meet your educational goals should be established. Do not leave any blanks and N/A is not accepted. Not
completing this form in its entirety could delay the appeal process.
1. What is the minimum GPA in your program of study? __________________________________________________
2. What is your current GPA? _______________________________________________________________________
3. What is your current completion rate (passing hours ÷ attempted hours)? ___________________________________
4. What grades do you feel you need to make Satisfactory Academic Progress? ________________________________
5. List at least three measurable steps you will use to prepare for, review and pass your classes using academic strategies?
(Example: I will read and consult the syllabus or I will contact support services for help with study skills)
6. How often should you see your advisor? ______________________________________________________________
NOTE to ADVISORS: You should not sign this form until the student has completed the form in its entirety. Please be
aware that it is important for a student who has an active SAP Educational Plan to only take as many hours as they can
complete successfully. Students often request to be full-time (12 or more hours) in order to receive their full PELL funds,
but that may not be advisable given their SAP situation. While you cannot stop a student from registering for additional
hours, you can explain the possible ramifications and discuss a plan of success for the student. This discussion should
include the student’s commitment as well as the advisors commitment to the student’s success.
Advisors Printed Name: __________________________________________________________________________________
Advisors Signature: ______________________________________________________________________________________
Advisors please list your required recommendations to ensure the students success:
Below are the following guidelines that MUST be followed while on the Educational Plan for Success.
1. Take coursework that is applicable to your degree, diploma or certificate program.
2. Complete all attempted coursework with a “C” or higher, receiving an “I”, “W”, “WF”, or “WP” will be considered as
lower than a “C”.
3. Any additional requirements established by the Satisfactory Academic Progress review committee.
If you fail to meet these guidelines, you will not be eligible for financial aid until you can maintain the standards of Coastal Pines
Technical college Satisfactory Academic progress Policy:
By signing below you agree with the guidelines established by the Educational Plan of Success.
Student Signature: ____________________________________________________ Date: _____________________________
Page 3 of 3
click to sign
click to edit
click to sign
click to edit