Secretary of State
Business Programs Division
Notary Public, 1500 11
Floor, Sacramento, CA 95814
Mail Apostille (Rev. 07/2019) California Secretary of State
Apostille Mail Request Cover Sheet
Complete and include this form with the three items below. Please type or print legibly.
1. A document signed by a California public official or an original notarized and/or certified document. A
photocopy is not acceptable.
2. A check or money order payable to Secretary of State in the amount of $20.00 per Apostille requested.
Additional fees apply if the request is submitted in person.
3. A self-addressed envelope for the processed document to be returned. If you wish to use a mail tracking
service, please provide pre-paid postage. If you do not provide pre-paid postage, our office will return your
document via United States Postal Service regular mail.
Mail submission to: Notary Public
Sacramento, CA 95814
Note: If a birth or death certificate has the signature of a Health Officer or County Registrar (e.g. Local
Registrar, Registrar of Vital Records), prior to presenting the document to our office for authentication, one of the
following will be required:
• Have that birth or death certificate certified by the county clerk’s office in the county in which it was issued; or
• Obtain a certified copy of that birth or death certificate from the county recorder or State of California
Department of Public Health.
Country in Which the Document Will Be Used:
Your Telephone Number:
Secretary of State Use Only
Total Fee $