Transportation Solutions Program
Partnership between Anoka County and ACCAP
Blaine, MN 55434
Phone: (763) 324-2318
Fax: (763) 324-2294
Please keep this page for your records
CAR REPAIR, INSURANCE & LICENSING ASSISTANCE GUIDELINES:
• MUST BE A RESIDENT OF ANOKA COUNTY MN
• Must be low income (at or below 200% Federal Poverty Guideline)
• Verified employment of 20 hours a week unless one of the following applies: disabled, senior (55+) or be
enrolled in an Anoka County Employment and Training Program and be in compliance and meeting
participation hours requirement for at least 30 days.
• Must have a valid Minnesota driver’s license with current address
• Vehicle must be registered in applicant’s name.
• Must have proof of insurance (if applying for repairs only)
• Vehicle repairs must be cost effective (not to exceed 75 % of value of the vehicle)
• A maximum $700 transportation grant for safety and essential operation car repairs only, insurance (up to 2
months on existing policy or on a down payment for a new policy) or vehicle registration.
• Program eligibility – All benefits for transportation needs are limited to a one-time assistance for the
duration of the program
• All grants must be preapproved. No reimbursements.
***Any exceptions to the above criteria would need pre-approval by the program manager.
****Grants are dependent on funding available.
Submit the application via email to email@example.com or fax 763-324-2294 or mail to
CareerForce at 1201 89th Ave NE, Suite 235, Blaine, MN 55434
Fill out and sign ALL
pages of application.
Copy of driver’s license (showing current address) and/or the yellow DMV receipt
Copy of Title of Vehicle or proof of ownership – vehicle must be registered in your name
Copy of insurance card
Copy of your insurance bill (if applying for help with car insurance) or three quotes from local insurance
agencies (if applying for help to start a new policy). Please call transportation coordinator if assistance
is needed finding a local insurance provider.
Copy of tabs bill (or print out from DMV) if applying for assistance with tabs/title transfer
Copy of Pay Stubs for the last 30 days (if employed) or proof of other income. For self-employment:
most recent year tax document or recent business record showing income & expenses.
e you submit your application, you will have 30 DAYS to supply all required documents. If after 30
days, you have not supplied the required documents your request for service will be denied based on
LIST OF REPAIRS WE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP WITH:
Exhaust(case by case basis)
Suspension (shocks, struts, tie rods, ball joints, etc.)
Axels (case by case basis)
Brakes (shoes, pads, drums, rotors)
Windshields or other glass
Minor oil leaks (valve cover gaskets, oil pan, etc.)
Power steering hoses (case by case basis)
We are NOT able to assist with non-running vehicles, transmissions, engines and other major repairs.