Alternate Documentation If IRS Non-Filing Letter Cannot Be Obtained
QC ID:Student Name:___________________________________ _______________________
If you have tried to get a Non-Filing letter from the IRS and were not successful in ordering and receiving it, you
may submit an alternate reporting form from the Financial Aid Office. Before you can use this option, you must
have attempted to request the non-filing letter from the IRS first.
This statement should be completed if you, your spouse, or your parent(s) (if you are a dependent student), are
a U.S. citizen, eligible non-citizen, and/or U.S resident, and did not file and were not required to file a 2019 U.S.
federal tax return.
• You must attach copies of any W-2 form(s) and/or 1099 form(s) received for 2019.
• In addition, you must provide a Verification of Non-filing Letter from the IRS (requested at
• You must enter $0 (zero) below if you did not receive any income or earnings (don't leave blank).
Below list all of the sources and amounts of income received from January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2019.
Include untaxed income (e.g., AFDC, SSI, military living allowance) and earnings not reported on a federal
income tax return. Please include supporting documentation for all income sources listed below.
Nontax Filer’s Name
Source of 2019 Income
Amount in
Total $________________
I certify that I tried but was unable to obtain the Verification of Non Filing from the IRS or other tax authorities;
and that I did not and was not required to file a 2019 U.S. federal tax return. In addition, I certify that all of the
information reported on this form is complete and correct. Only the nontax filer should sign this form.
Date:_Parent Signature:____________________________________________________ ____________
(if student is dependent on FAFSA and parent did not file taxes)
Date:_Student Signature:___________________________________________________ ____________
(if student is independent on FAFSA and did not file taxes)
Date:Spouse Signature: ____________________________________________________ ______________
(if independent student is married and spouse did not file taxes)