For Optional Use Page 1 of 1
MSC-RR-001 [Rev. Jan. 1, 2020]
The fee for a search of records or files conducted by a court employee that requires more than 10 minutes is fifteen dollars ($15)
for each search.
• All requests received in the mail must be accompanied by a check with the amount left blank and include a note “not to
exceed a dollar amount” on the check. Example: “Not to exceed $50.00”
• All requests must include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
• All copies are $.50 per page pursuant to GC 70627(a).
• Certified copies are $40.00 pursuant to section GC 70626(a)(4).
• Certified copies of marriage/domestic partnership dissolutions are $15.00 (or $10.00 if requested by a public agency)
pursuant to section GC 70674(a).
• Off-site retrieval of files/documents is $15.00 pursuant to CRC 10.815(13)/GC70631.
• Complete one form for each search type requested.
Requester’s Name Phone Number .
Mailing Address .
Please provide us as much information you have in order to assist us with your search:
Please indicate which case type you are requesting to be searched. A separate request and payment must be submitted for each
type of research request.
Files pulled for viewing will be held for 10 days from notification. After 10 days, the files will be returned to archive and
new search and off-site retrieval fee will be required.