All proposed modifications of undergraduate and/or graduate courses, except for minor changes, must
be reviewed by the Curriculum Committee or the Graduate Council, as appropriate. Modifications that
affect more than one department or program must carry all appropriate departmental signatures.
Minor changes to undergraduate and/or graduate courses, including, but not limited to, scheduling or editorial
changes in title or description, should be submitted for informational purposes to the Curriculum Committee
and/or the Graduate Council as a list over the signature of the department chairperson or program director.
1. Department/Program: _______________________________________________________________
2. Contact person (if other than Department chair):
3. Is this a proposal for a new course? Yes No
If yes, please attach a syllabus that includes the course objectives, the course requirements, the
grading criteria, the recommended texts and required reading, and the topic outline.
If No, note here the course number and Catalog page:
If No, indicate the changes being proposed. Please “X” all that apply:
4. How many credits will be awarded for this course? 1 2 3 4. If the course is being
changed from 3-credits to 4-credits, please justify this change.
5. Please give the following information as you wish it to appear in the Catalog:
Prefix and level (e.g., ENGL 2XX, etc.):
Title for Transcript (20 character/space limit or less):
Prerequisites (courses numbered 300 and above should have prerequisites)
Proposal to Curriculum Committee/Graduate Council
For New Courses and Modification to Existing Courses