Activity Scholarship Guidelines
Scholarships are not available for:
• Adult participation in girl events
• Awards or insignia
• Books and materials
• District or neighborhood travel
• Out of Council Girl Scouts
• Troop camping
• Troop dues
• Troop travel
• Uniform items
4. Financial information
• Scholarships are awarded on an individual basis based on family need, and are not designed to underwrite
event costs for an entire troop.
• Award calculations are based on financial need and the Federal Poverty Level.
• Scholarships are designed to supplement individual family resources, not replace them. A portion of the cost
must be paid by the girl’s family and/or troop. Any amount contributed allows us
to serve more girls.
• Product programs help offset the costs of activity scholarships; girl participation will be taken into consideration
when awarding financial assistance.
• Additional information may be required to process each request, potentially including a phone interview, proof
of income, and/or proof of dependents.
• Scholarships are not retroactive; if payment was already received prior to scholarship application, the
scholarship will be nullified.
5. Submission instructions
• Submit completed Activity Scholarship Application form with the activity registration form to the Girl Scout
Service Center, unless the following exceptions apply:
• For district and neighborhood events, the scholarship application is sent to the Service Center, but the
program registration form must be sent to the event registrar (not Council).
• For resident camps with a deposit, reserve the desired camp online (a $50 deposit is required), then
mail the Scholarship Application to the Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri Service Center at address:
2300 Ball Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146. For resident camps with no deposit, the application should be
sent prior to payment.
6. Scholarship notification
• Once a scholarship award decision has been finalized, the applicant will receive an email with the award
amount and amount still due, including a deadline for payment.
• Any balance due must be paid by the deadline given, or the scholarship will be forfeited.
Contact the Answer Center at 314.400.4600 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
1. General information
• Financial need-based scholarships are available for girls who do not have the funds to participate in a Girl
Scout program, to ensure that programs and camps are accessible to all girls.
• Girl Scouts’ non-discrimination policy applies to the awarding of all Activity Scholarships.
• All details concerning financial assistance requests are kept confidential.
• The applicant must be a registered Girl Scout member in Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri and accepted into a
program before activity scholarship application is considered.
• Activity scholarships are only available for events or programs with registration fees of more than $10.
• Applications must be received at the Girl Scout Service Center no later than the
• Applications must be signed by the applicant’s parent or legal guardian.
• Activity scholarships are non-transferable, valid only for the girl and specific program for which they are
• Applicants and families with outstanding balances are not eligible for scholarship assistance until open
balances are paid.
• All girls are subject to an activity scholarship maximum of $150 per year per Girl Scout for all programs and
camps except resident camp, council travel and destinations.
• Resident camp: limited to one resident camp per girl per year.
• Council travel programs: limited to one trip per girl per year.
• destinations: limited to one destinations scholarship in a girl’s entire Girl Scout career. These
scholarship applications may require additional supplemental information.
3. Activity scholarships are available for registration fees for girl participants for the following:
• Council sponsored programs and camps
• District or Neighborhood events, within council jurisdiction
BS Rev. 7/20
SEL Rev. 2/20