Black Hawk College Art Achievement Awards
A.A. Art Transfer, Art Technology Certicate, A.F.A. Associate of Fine Arts or
A.A.S. Visual Communication Students
Achievement Awards are based on the student’s academic success, a portfolio review, and/or a short
interview (in the case of high school students, a letter of recommendation is required).
Achievement Awards may be awarded to qualifying art students either upon entering Black Hawk
College full-time or as a continuing full-time student. e recipient must be pursuing the A.A. Art
Transfer, Art Technology Certicate, A.F.A. Associate of Fine Arts or A.A.S. Visual Communication
degree. e grant consists of a waiver for in-district tuition for up to 15 credit hours per fall/spring
semester. Fees and expenses are not covered by this award. e Achievement Award is granted for one
academic year and is renewable up to a maximum of four semesters (summers are not included).
Students must reapply each academic year.
In order to qualify for this award, the recipient must remain eligible according to the stipulations listed
below. e recipient must also participate in departmental activities throughout the academic year and
agree to assigned duties (see item #7 below.) e recipient must meet other reasonable requirements of
the department such as participation in arts events and maintenance of a minimum grade point average.
As a recipient of the Black Hawk College Art Achievement Award, the student agrees that:
1. is award is for one academic year and will be renewed up to the allowable maximum presuming
the student meets all of the renewal requirements.
2. e recipient must be enrolled in a minimum of one art class per semester. If the recipient’s load
drops below this minimum, his or her grant may be retracted.
3. e recipient must maintain a minimum overall grade point average of 2.5, and a 3.3 grade point
average in art courses.
4. Continuous enrollment is required for renewal eligibility.
5. Achievement Award recipients must apply for nancial aid (FAFSA) or submit a verication of
6. Illinois State Scholarship and Illinois Monetary Awards will be applied to tuition and fee charges
before monetary value of the achievement award is determined.
7. e recipient is required to assist with departmental projects such as art events, student exhibitions,
facilities maintenance, gallery activities, managing social media or other tasks requested by
8. e recipient must maintain contact with his or her supervisor throughout the semester.