Faculté de médecine
Faculty of Medicine
Bureau de la gestion du risque et de la santé-sécurité
Health, Safety and Risque Management
- You are personally responsible for your access card/keys.
- Cards used in unauthorized areas or outside of authorized time periods will trigger an alarm. This
alarm and the card number will be recorded by the security server.
- An access controlled door held open for more than 120 seconds will trigger an alarm.
- If you lose your card/keys or have it stolen, you must report it to your department’s card
administrator or Protection Services immediately.
- Never lend your access card or keys, or allow unauthorized persons to enter an area for which they
don’t have a card or keys. Ask them to contact Protection Services, lending your access card/
keys to another person will result in the withdrawal of all access privileges.
- Unauthorized persons found in access control areas should be reported to Protection Services.
- At the end of your time at the University of Ottawa, keys and cards must be returned to your
Signatures and confirmation
I, (your name) have read and confirm that I understand the rules and
instructions governing the University of Ottawa access card system. I recognize that both Protection
Services and my service or academic unit manager reserve the right to cancel my card if I fail to follow the
rules and instructions.
Student/Employee Signature Date
Supervisor’s Signature* Date
*Note: Supervisor’s signature is not required if Core Facility access is being requested.
What to do with this form
Please fill out this form electronically, after printing the form and attaching any relevant training
documentation, the form can be handed to the following locations:
For personnel in Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology (BMI) and Cellular and Molecular Medicine
(CMM) RGN 3206A
For personnel in School of Epidemiology and Public Health (SEPH): 600PM 101G
For personnel in Kidney Research (KRC): RGN2527
For personnel in Neuroscience (NRI): RGN 1411
For personnel in Pathology: RGN 4155
For personnel wanting access to Flow Cytometry Facility: RGN 4166
For personnel wanting access to CBIA Core: RGN 3171
For personnel in administrative departments or others not listed above: RGN 1106
Access card # :