DO NOT ADD THIS INFORMATION
TO MY VOTER RECORD
ABSENTEE BALLOT REQUEST FORM INSTRUCTIONS
A registered voter may make written application to their County Auditor for an absentee
ballot. A written application for a mailed absentee ballot must be received by the voter's
County Auditor no later than 5:00 p.m. 10 days before a General Election or 11 days before
any other election.
In order to receive an absentee ballot, a registered voter MUST provide the following
2. Date of birth
3. Iowa residential address
4. Voter Verification Number (ID Number)
- Iowa Driver's License or Non-Operator ID Number OR
- Four digit Voter PIN located on the voter's Iowa Voter ID Card
- Any voter may request an Iowa Voter ID Card by contacting their County
5. The name OR date of the election for which you are requesting an absentee ballot
6. Party affiliation - only required for Primary Elections, which are held in even numbered
All voters are encouraged to provide their phone number and/or email address in the event
their County Auditor needs to confirm any information on the request form.
If you have questions about absentee voting, please contact your County Auditor.