1900 Hazel Street, Pine Bluff, AR (870) 543-5909
The Pine Bluff Area Community Area Foundation is awarding a scholarship in the amount of
$1000.00 to a deserving Southeast Arkansas College student. This academic scholarship will
be awarded to an entering freshman or current student and is valid for full-time enrollment
(minimum 12 semester credit hours) in a two-year Associate of Applied Science Degree
technical career program or an Associate of Arts Degree academic transfer program. The
scholarship will be paid directly to Southeast Arkansas College for partial payment of the
student’s tuition at the rate of $500 per semester for two semesters. Applications are
available in the Financial Aid Office. The Scholarship Eligibility Criteria are listed below:
A committee composed of faculty as well as professional and administrative staffs will select
the recipient according to the following criteria:
• Current student with a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
• Commitment to enroll at Southeast Arkansas College as a full-time student during the Fall and
Spring semesters of the upcoming academic year.
• Student is eligible for Federal Financial Aid
• Is student recognized as a dependent for tax purposes? Circle One: Yes No
• Record of good conduct at Southeast Arkansas College.
• 50 to 100-word essay stating educational goals and reasons for requesting scholarship—
specifically financial need to complete degree at Southeast Arkansas College.
Application deadline is April 30.