JV-2031 REV 07/01/14
ORDER APPOINTING COURT APPOINTED FRIEND AND ADVOCATE
Page 1 of 1
ATTORNEY OR PARTY WITHOUT ATTORNEY (Name and Address): TELEPHONE NUMBER:
ATTORNEY FOR: (Name):
SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA, COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA
CITY AND ZIP CODE:
840 Guadalupe Parkway
191 North First Street
San José, CA 95113
Guadalupe Courthouse – Juvenile Division
In the Matter of
(Name of Youth),
a Minor, [D.O.B.
FOR COURT USE ONLY
ORDER APPOINTING COURT APPOINTED FRIEND
AND ADVOCATE (CAFA)
The above-named youth is alleged to come within the provisions of Section 602 of the Welfare and Institutions
Pursuant to the inherent powers of the Juvenile Court, an advocate may be appointed on behalf of the above
named youth. Application is hereby made for the appointment of a Youth Advocate. If any party to the above
entitled delinquency proceeding wishes to contest this appointment, they should contact their attorney or the Youth
Advocate’s office immediately. This case is presently supervised by the following:
IT IS ORDERED THAT (Youth):
Be supervised by (Youth Advocate):
1. Who is appointed as the Youth Advocate for the above named youth.
2. The Youth Advocate shall have access to the youth and to available records and files of the Court, the
Probation Department, the Social Services Agency, any school records, and medical records regarding the
above named youth. A certified copy of this order will be the only authorization necessary for such purpose.
3. The Youth Advocate shall not disclose any information received in connection with their investigation of this
case to anyone other than the assigned Probation Officer, attorneys representing parties to this action, or the
Court, unless specifically authorized by the Court.
4. The Youth Advocate shall be given notice of, and shall be authorized to attend all Court hearings and other
proceedings regarding the youth.
5. The Youth Advocate shall have access to all reports of the Probation Officers at least 48 hours prior to Court
6. The Youth Advocate shall in coordination with the other parties, investigate the circumstances surrounding
the case and report the results of the investigation to the Court. Reports prepared by the Youth Advocate
shall be filed with the Court at least one day prior to the Court hearing.
7. The Youth Advocate shall follow the direction and orders of the Court and shall provide information
specifically requested by the Court.
8. This Order Appointing the Youth Advocate can only be modified by further order of the Court.