Page 1 of 8
BUSINESS, CONSUMER SERVICES, AND HOUSING AGENCY • GAVIN NEWSOM, GOVERNOR
BUREAU OF AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR | LICENSING UNIT
PO Box 989001, West Sacramento, CA 95798-9001
P (855) 735-0462 F (855) 641-9982 | www.bar.ca.gov
LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY (LLC)
AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR DEALER REGISTRATION APPLICATION
Complete this application in accordance with the instructions below and include additional pages and documents as
necessary. The Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) cannot consider an application for registration unless all requested
information is provided. If not applicable, indicate N/A.
• Submit completed application with all required information and fees to the BAR Licensing Unit at the above
address. Send a separate completed application and $200.00 fee to the above address for each business
• Remit fees by check or money order made payable to the Bureau of Automotive Repair.
• FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE PURSUANT TO BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONS CODE SECTION 158.
• A registration will be mailed to the address of record after your application is approved and processed, provided the
application does not have any deciencies.
SECTION 1 - 13
1. NAME OF BUSINESS: Provide the exact name under which the business will be conducted. This same name should
be shown on all invoices and advertisements. NOTE: The motor vehicle license plate number, if provided in
section 13, item (c), will be included as part of the registered business name.
2. NAME OF LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY: Provide the name of the corporation as led with the California Secretary of
3. FEDERAL EMPLOYER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER: Provide the Federal Employer Identication Number (FEIN)
assigned by the Internal Revenue Service. The FEIN must be in an active status.
4. BUSINESS ADDRESS: Provide the physical address where business is conducted and/or records will be maintained.
PO Boxes are not permitted. If your business is located at an address that has multiple shops, you must provide the
unit/suite number since each business must have a unique address. All licenses are mailed to the business address.
The business address must be shown on invoices and advertisements. The business address will be disclosed on
BAR’s website as the address of record.
5. MAILING ADDRESS: Complete only if you wish to receive correspondence at an address other than the business
address. If you provide a mailing address, renewal notices will be sent only to this address.
6. BUSINESS AREA CODE AND TELEPHONE NUMBER: Provide the area code and telephone number.
7. LIST ALL MEMBERS OF THE LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY: Pursuant to Business and Professions Code
section 9884, an automotive repair dealer shall identify the owners, directors, ocers, partners, members, trustees,
responsible managing employee, and other persons who directly or indirectly control or conduct the business.
• Partnership: If the business is a partnership (two or more individuals), list the full name, title (i.e. partner), SSN/
ITIN, driver license number, area code and telephone number, and home address for each partner of the business.
• Corporation: If the business is a corporation, list the full name, title (i.e. president, secretary, treasurer, etc.), SSN/
ITIN, driver license number, area code and telephone number, and home address for each ocer and director of
the business. If the same person holds all corporate oces, you must state so on the application.
• Trust: If the business is a trust, list the full name, title (i.e., trustee), SSN/ITIN, driver license number, area code
and telephone number, and home address for each trustee.
8. MILITARY VERIFICATION: Expedited application assistance is available for current or former United States military
personnel and spouses or domestic partners of active duty or reserve military personnel. A waiver of renewal
requirements is available for active duty or reserve military personnel. To apply for expedited application assistance or
a renewal requirement(s) waiver, you must submit required documentation as specied at www.bar.ca.gov. (See Health
and Safety Code section 44031.5(d) and Business and Professions Code sections 114.3 and 115.5.)