BUSINESS REGISTRATION DIVISION P. O. BOX 29622 RALEIGH, NC 27626-0622
(Revised July, 2017) (Form BE-13)
STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA
DEPARTMENT OF THE SECRETARY OF STATE
APPLICATION TO REGISTER AN ENTITY NAME
BY A FOREIGN ENTITY
Pursuant to §55D-24 of the General Statutes of North Carolina, the undersigned foreign entity hereby applies to
the Secretary of State to register the following entity name:
THIS IS [ ] AN INITIAL OR [ ] A RENEWAL APPLICATION*
1. The entity name to be registered is:____________________________________________________
Entity Type: Foreign Corporation, Foreign Nonprofit Corporation,
Foreign Limited Liability Company, Foreign Limited Partnership,
Foreign Limited Liability Partnership.
2. The applicant entity was incorporated or formed under the laws of the state or county of
____________________on the ________ day of ________________, __________.
3. The business or activity in which the entity is engaged is: _________________________________
4. This application is accompanied by a certificate of existence (or a document of similar import) duly
authenticated by the secretary of state or other official having custody of entity records in the state or
country of incorporation or formation.
This the _________ day of ________________, 20_________.
Name of Entity
Type or Print Name and Title
1. Filing fee is $10.00. One executed original of this application must be filed with the Secretary of State.
2. If N.C.G.S. §55D-22 requires an addition to the corporate name, the applicant must set forth its corporate name with such addition.
• An initial registration is effective upon the date of filing of the initial application for registration and until the end of the calendar
year in which it became effective. A renewal
of registration must be filed between October 1 and December 31 in order to renew
the registration for the following calendar year. This document is not considered a Certificate of Authority to transact business in
• THIS REGISTRATION DOES NOT GIVE THE BUSINESS ENTITY THE AUTHORITY TO TRANSACT BUSINESS IN
NORTH CAROLINA. AN APPLICATION FOR CERTIFICATE OF AUTHORITY MUST BE FILED IF THE BUSINESS
ENTITY INTENDS TO TRANSACT BUSINESS IN NORTH CAROLINA.
click to sign
click to edit