Applications Due - Nursing office by 3:00PM on April 9, 2020 NAME:
TEAS VI TESTING
Please visit the SOWELA website: https://www.sowela.edu/programs/school-nursing-allied-health/nursing-rn/nursing-
teas-dates/ for spring 2020 TEAS dates.
TEAS VI test instructions
1. You will need to sign up for the TEAS VI exam online at www.atitesting.com. The TESTING CENTER will offer
several test dates and there are limited seats at each test time. We cannot add more seats at the test times so
do not wait until last minute to sign up.
2. The exam has 170 multiple choice questions and is 3 ½ hours long so plan accordingly. The exam will
automatically cut off at the 3 ½ hour mark. If you are approved through the office of student support services to
receive extra time for the TEAS VI test you must notify us at the time you sign up for the exam. Failure to do this
will result in you taking the test during the scheduled time frame without the extra time concession.
3. There are fees that change for the proctored exam and must be paid at the time of enrolling.
4. You will need to create an account with ATI prior to test day. You will not be allowed to test without a username
a. Go to www.atitesting.com
. (Download free Silverlight software, if necessary).
b. Click “Create an account” and keep track of your username and password.
c. My Username _____________________ My Password _____________________
5. You will only be allowed to take the TEAS VI test two times total and only one time a semester. You will not be
allowed to retake the TEAS VI test in order to improve your score. In order to be considered eligible for the
program you must pass the TEAS VI test with a score of 64%.
6. Arrive on time for the test to the TESTING CENTER IN THE SYCAMORE BUILDING.
7. Bring a picture ID with you day of test to show the test proctor.
8. Bring two pencils with you. You will be given paper upon entry to test.
9. Do not bring a calculator, the test has a pull up calculator.
10. We recommend purchasing the TEAS VI study guide. Go to ATItesting.com click on the online store in the upper
right corner then click on the TEAS products, they have several options of products, under shop for: on left side
of screen. You can also copy and paste the following link into your browser to go directly to the site.
11. If you are not able to purchase study products through ATI then you can also utilize a free test prep resource
offered through the SOWELA Technical Community College library. Go to www.sowela.edu click on library under
quick links on lower right side of page. On library page go to databases, middle of page, then scroll down until
you see learning express library and click on it. You will have to create an account to log in. Click on new
featured resources, middle of page and this may take several seconds to load. On the left side of that page you
will see prep for entrance exams, click on prepare for nursing school entrance tests. You will then see a list of 12
different 50 question practice tests in biology, chemistry, general science, math, reading and verbal availability.
We do not guarantee that by using either this site or any of the ATI study guides will ensure that you pass the
TEAS VI test.
ASN Faculty 11-2016; 4-2017; 9-2017; 5-17-18