ARMY RESERVE ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE (AGR)
SELECTION ELIGIBILITY CHECKLIST
THIS FORM IS REPRODUCIBLE
DATA REQUIRED BY THE PRIVACY ACT OF 1974
10 USC 12301(d), 10 USC 10211, and 10 USC 10302.
To determine eligibility and schedule individual for USAR AGR duty.
To identify the applicant and issue orders. SSN is used to identify the applicant.
Completing this form is mandatory for individuals applying for USAR AGR duty. Failure to comply will result in nonselection for
rmy Reserve AGR duty.
Please mark the appropriate response to each question. If you mark the INELIGIBLE block on any of the questions, DO NOT apply unless
you are authorized to request a waiver under Table 2-2, AR 135-18. Waivable requests have been identified with a "W." A request for
ELIGIBLE INELIGIBLE WAIVER
1. Are you currently a member of the U.S. Army Reserve (Ready Reserve)? If you are a member of the Army
National Guard or Active Army, are you willing to accept discharge with a concurrent appointment or enlistment
in the USAR? (AR 135-18, Table 2-1, Rule A)
YES NO NA
2. Are you able to complete a 3-year initial tour of active duty prior to completing 18 years of active service or the
mandatory removal from active status based on age or service (without any extensions) under provision of law or
regulation, as prescribed by current directives. (AR 135-18, Table 2-1, Rule E)
a. If current grade is E4, are you able to complete your initial 3-year tour prior to reaching your RCP of 8 years of
active service. (i.e., as an E4, must have less than 5 years of active service).
3. Do you meet the retention medical standards of AR 40-501 (physical exam)? (AR 135-18, Table 2-1, Rule C) YES NO NA
4. Are you entitled to and/or in receipt of military retired pay? (AR 135-18, Table 2-2, Rule C)
NO YES W
5. Are you a former USAR AGR participant that was voluntarily released within the last year (from date of
application)? (AR 135-18, Table 2-2, Rule D)
NO YES W
6. Were you involuntarily removed from active duty or full time National Guard, including AGR status, for any
of the following reasons? (AR 135-18, Table 2-3, Rule E)
a. For cause, to include unsuitability or unfitness (other than for temporary medical disability) for military
b. As a result of resignation in lieu of adverse personnel action,
c. As a result of qualitative management program action, or
d. Failure of selection by a tour continuation board. (Table 2-3, Rule E)
NO YES NA
7. Have you been relieved for cause from any duty position, including but not limited to relief from command,
in the 36-month period preceding your date of application for the AGR Program, or the scheduled date of entry
in the AGR Program? (AR 135-18,Table 2-2, Rule G)
NO YES W
8. Have you been involuntarily removed from a unit (Selected Reserve) assignment for any of the following
reasons? (AR 135-18, Table 2-3, Rule F)
a. For cause;
b. On attaining maximum years of service,
c. As a result of qualitative retention board action, or
d. As a result of selective retention board action.
NO YES NA
waiver must be attached to your application, if applicable.
AHRC Form 2370-1-R, MAR 14 (PREVIOUS EDITIONS ARE OBSOLETE)
Page 1 of 2
Authorized Retention Control Point (RCP) as of Feb 14:
b. If current grade is E5, are you able to complete your initial 3-year tour prior to reaching your RCP of 14 years
of active service. (i.e., as an E5, must have less than 11 years of active service).
Note: This rule is applicable to Soldiers that have 20 or more years of credible service towards a Reserve Retirement.