INT035 | 0418 CRICOS Provider Number: 01595D www.usc.edu.au/international | Page 1 of 4
APPLICATION FOR RELEASE
The Application for release form is to be used by Student visa holders, who, prior to completing six months of their primary program of study at the
University of the Sunshine Coast (USC), wish to be released from their studies at USC to transfer to another CRICOS registered provider in Australia .
The purpose of these guidelines is to provide clear instructions to students to assist them in making an application for transfer and requesting a letter
NOTE: Please ensure that you read the guidelines before completing the form.
• It is your responsibility to discuss your intentions to transfer with any other provider you are currently enrolled with, such as an ELICOS or VET
• All requests for release are assessed in accordance with the USC ‘Transfer of Student Visa Students between Registered Providers’ policy
• Applications submitted must be complete and include all required supporting documentation including:
– Statement of reasons for request for release
– Sponsor's written approval for transfer (if applicable)
• You will be informed of the outcome of your application within 10 working days of lodging a complete application. Delays may be experienced if we
require you to provide further information before your application can be assessed.
Student visa is required for your transfer.
• If your request for release is denied, you have a right to appeal the decision. You should access the USC ‘Student Grievances and Appeals’ policy and
procedures for information about how to access the appeals process. The availability of complaints and appeals processes, does not remove your
right to take action under Australia's consumer protection laws.
1. Carefully read the introduction and guidelines for the Application for release to determine your eligibility to apply.
2. Complete the Aplication for release form, ensuring full details are included and the form is signed and
dated by you.
3. Attach all supporting documentation
4. Return the completed form/s and supporting documentation to USC International:
Mail: USC International – ML17
University of the Sunshine Coast
Maroochydore DC QLD 4558