Masterton District Council
PO Box 444
Phone: 06 370 6300
APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION
UNDER FOOD ACT 2014
WE ARE LOCAL GOVERNMENT
FOOD CONTROL PLAN ONLY
During the planning stage of any new food premises please contact Masterton District Council to ensure the
proposed premises meets all relevant requirements. Speak to:
Environmental Health Ocer for suitability of the Food Act requirements
Resource Consents Planner about compatibility with the District Plan
Building Development Facilitators for Building Act requirements
APPLICATIONS TAKE 20 WORKING DAYS TO PROCESS
(provided all required information is supplied)
BEFORE YOU START, LET’S CHECK THAT YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU WILL NEED:
Complete the application form
Attach completed scope of operations document. Available from Masterton District Council or www.mpi.govt.nz
Attach site plan for each site. Scale floor plan (e.g. 1:50) of the proposed premises showing the layout, fittings and
fixtures, detailing all floor, wall and ceiling surfaces, essential features and, if any, outdoor seating.
If your business is a registered limited liability company, a copy of the company registration certicate.
• If there are any changes to the details provided in this application after it has been sent, tells us in
• The fee includes up to 2 hours to process the registration. Additional processing will be charged at
$67 per hour.
• Masterton District Council verification fee is $235 (up to 3.5 hours). Additional work will be charged
at $67 per hour. This will be invoiced separately.
• Fees are set in the in the Masterton District Council Annual Plan, and are reviewed annually.
Collection of Personal Information
• Some of the information collected will be displayed on a public register; and
• Under Principles 6 and 7 of the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right of access to, and correction of, any
personal information that you have provided.
• All information provided to the Masterton District Council is ocial information
and may be subject to a request made under the Ocial Information Act 1982.
Office Use: GL 1520715