1) 2 copies of this application form plus the original copy.
2) Authorization Form signed by registered owner(s).
Application fee in cash or cheque made payable to the Treasurer of the City of Waterloo.
8 copies of maximum 11”x17” size plan(s):
• Plan of survey, up to date and prepared by an Ontario Land Surveyor
• Site Plan, indicating type, size and location of existing and proposed building(s) on the site, distance
from all lot lines, location of any easement/rights-of-way, location of buildings on adjacent lots,
• Elevation Plans, for all sides where new construction is proposed and indicating height, grade and
window and door openings
• Floor plans, all rooms labeled as to use and indicating existing and proposed windows and
• Location of natural and artifical features (eg. railways, roads, water courses, wetlands, wooded
• Use of adjacent property(s).
General Requirements for All Plans:
• Metric scale and dimensioned with north symbol clearly marked
• Municipal address, names of adjacent streets, project name, applicant’s name, name of firm
• Drawing title and number, preparation date, dates of any revisions
5) In the event that the application requires Site Plan Review Committee approval, the applicant must receive
support from the Site Plan Review Committee, for the layout of the site prior to making an application to
the Committee of Adjustment. This support does not bind the City of Waterloo in supporting the
Committee of Adjustment Application.
For Your Information
• A public notice sign, which will be provided to you, is required to be posted in a prominent location
on the property for10 days prior to the hearing
• Supporting materials, such as: a letter of explanation, letters in support, etc. should be submitted as far
in advance of the Hearing as possible
• It is recommended that you discuss the proposal with adjacent neighbours in order to address or
alleviate concerns that may affect the disposition of your application
• Staff comments will be available for pickup by any interested party the morning of the meeting date
• The application fee is non-refundable