APPLICATION FOR MILITARY SKILLS TEST WAIVER
NOTICE: All information on this application must be in INK.
LAST NAME FIRST NAME
DATE OF BIRTH (mm/dd/yyyy) DRIVER LICENSE NUMBER
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
The Commercial Driver License (CDL) skills test waiver form may be used by service members who are currently licensed and who are or
were employed within the last 12 months in a military position requiring the operation of a military motor vehicle equivalent to a Commercial
Motor Vehicle (CMV). This waiver allows a qualified service member to apply for a CDL without skills testing. CDL knowledge test(s) cannot
be waived. The transfer of School Bus (S) and/or Passenger (P) endorsements under this Waiver Program are prohibited.
DRIVER RECORD CERTIFICATION
During the 2-year period immediately preceding this date:
1. Have you had more than one license (except for a military license)?
2. Has your license been suspended, revoked, cancelled or disqualified in this or any state?
Have you been convicted of any violations described below in any type of motor vehicle?
3. Being under the influence of alcohol as prescribed by state law
4. Being under the influence of a controlled substance
5. Having an alcohol concentration of 0.04 or greater while operating a CMV
6. Refusing to take an alcohol test as required by a state jurisdiction under its implied consent laws or regulations as defined in 49 CFR 383.72
7. Leaving the scene of an accident
8. Using the vehicle to commit a felony (other than manufacturing, distributing or dispensing a controlled substance)
9. Driving a CMV while your CDL is revoked, suspended, cancelled; or you are disqualified from operating a CMV
10. Causing a fatality through the negligent operation of a CMV (including motor vehicle manslaughter, homicide by motor vehicle,
or negligent homicide)
11. Using the vehicle in the commission of a felony involving manufacturing, distributing, or dispensing a controlled substance
Have you had more than one conviction for any of the violations described below in any type of motor vehicle?
12. Speeding in excess of 15 mph or more above the posted speed limit
13. Driving recklessly, as defined by state or local law or regulation (including offenses of driving a motor vehicle in willful or wanton disregard
for the safety of persons or property)
14. Making improper or erratic lane changes
15. Following the vehicle ahead too closely
16. Violating state or local law relating to motor vehicle traffic control (other than a parking violation) arising in connection with a fatal accident
17. Driving a CMV without obtaining a CDL
18. Driving a CMV without a CDL in the driver’s possession
19. Driving a CMV without the proper class of CDL and/or endorsements for a specific vehicle group being operated or for the passengers or
type of cargo being transported
20. Violating a state or local law or ordinance on motor vehicle traffic control prohibiting texting while driving
21. Violating a state or local law or ordinance on motor vehicle traffic control restricting or prohibiting the use of a hand held mobile telephone
22. Have you had any conviction for a violation of military, state or local law relating to motor vehicle traffic control (other than
parking violation) arising in connection with any traffic accident and have no record of an accident in which you were at fault?
CDL-3A (Rev. 6/19)