UPDATED: June 11, 2019
APPLICATION FOR ACADEMIC RENEWAL
For a student to apply for academic renewal (Related Policy: Academic Renewal, found in the 2019-
Student’s Name: ________________________________ Lola Number: ______________
Email Address: _____________________________________ Phone Number: __________________
To apply for Academic Renewal, a student must not have been enrolled in college-level course work for at least one
semester, demonstrate that the conditions that led to the academic deficiencies have changed, and complete the necessary
steps to be considered for Academic Renewal. Academic Renewal can only be awarded once in an academic lifetime at
any LCTCS college. Academic Renewal cannot be granted for any coursework that was previously used to earn a
The following standards apply:
1. The student must submit an application for admission, be degree seeking, and be admitted to the college.
2. The student must submit an Application for Academic Renewal along with supporting documents to the
3. Only those courses taken prior to the semester in which the student submits the Application for Academic
Renewal will be considered for renewal.
4. Submission of an Application for Academic Renewal does not ensure approval.
5. The Registrar’s Office will review the Application and approve or deny the request.
6. Denials may be appealed to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs for a final decision.
7. A non‐LCTCS institution may choose to accept or deny the transfer of Academic Renewal granted by RPCC.
Students are encouraged to investigate the Academic Renewal policy of any college they may plan to transfer to.
8. Implementation of Academic Renewal (i.e., the actual implementation of renewal on the student’s transcript) will
be contingent upon successful completion of courses during the semester in which the Application for Academic
Renewal is submitted. It is the student’s responsibility to return to the Registrar’s Office for review at the
conclusion of the semester.
9. Successful completion is defined as the completion of at least six (6) credit hours with a “C” or better in every
course attempted. Academic Renewal will be null and void if the student does not successfully complete courses
during the semester in which the Application for Academic Renewal is submitted.