State of Alabama
Unified Judicial System
Form C-25 Rev. 6/07
APPLICATION AND AFFIDAVIT FOR
ENTRY OF DEFAULT
IN THE ______________________________________COURT OF _____________________________________, ALABAMA
(Circuit or District) (Name of County)
_______________________________________________ v. ____________________________________________________
I, affiant, request that the clerk of court, pursuant to Rule 55(a), Alabama Rules of Civil Procedure (ARCP), enter a default
against the above - named defendant,* in the above case for the defendant's failing to plead, answer, or otherwise defend.
CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE ON OTHER PARTIES
I hereby certify that a copy of this Application, Affidavit,
and Entry of Default has been
sent, by first class mail, postage prepaid, to all parties who are not in default in this case.
The affiant, __________________________________________________________________, being duly sworn, states as follows:
1. That the affiant has personal knowledge of the facts set forth in the affidavit.
2. That the defendant was served with a summons and a copy of the Statement of Claim/Complaint on (date) __________________.
3. That more than ________ days have elapsed since the defendant was served with a summons and a copy of the Statement of
4. That the defendant has failed to answer or otherwise defend against the plaintiff’s Statement of Claim/Complaint.
5. That this affidavit is executed by the affiant in accordance with Rule 55(a), ARCP, for the purpose of enabling the plaintiff to obtain an
entry of default against the defendant, for the defendant’s failing to answer or otherwise defend against the plaintiff’s Statement of
6. That the defendant is not an infant or an incompetent person, and there has been no violation of the provisions of Ala. Code 1975,
Chapter 19, Title 5.
7 7. That the defendant is is not in the mili
rsuant to Rule 55(a), ARCP, the affiant requests entry of default.
Sworn To and Subscribed Before Me This
Officer’s Signature Title
Name of Affiant: ______________________________________
Signature of Affiant: ____________________________________
Affiant’s Home or Business Address (if not represented by an attorney):
City State Zip Code
Name of Attorney: ______________________________________
Signature of Attorney: ___________________________________
Business Address of Attorney: ____________________________
City State Zip Code
Entry of default is hereby entered against the defendant, _______________________________________________________________
Rule 55(a), ARCP
*Separate form shall be completed for each defendant in cases involving multiple defendants.
Pursuant to Ala.Code 1975, §12-19-71(a) (10), a filing fee is not required when seeking an entry of default pursuant to
Rule 55(a), ARCP.
Original – Court File Copy – Plaintiff Copy - Defendant