APPEAL REQUEST FOR SCHOLASTIC STANDING FOR FULL-TIME STUDENTS
MULTIPLE WITHDRAWALS FROM STUDY, UNSUCCESSFUL STUDIES OR OVERAWARD
Rev. 2019/07/26 Page 2 of 3
You must upload all of the following documentation to your StudentAid BC Dashboard to support your appeal request:
A letter explaining:
• Why you withdrew on each of the two separate occasions and/or were unable to successfully complete 68 weeks of post-
• Which Appeal Criteria (see page 1) should be considered to set aside the standard requirement that you must complete two
semesters or one academic year without funding, and/or
• Which Appeal Criteria (see page 1) should be considered to set aside your overaward (only applicable to loans).
Unofficial copy of all post-secondary transcripts.
A letter from your institution indicating the program that you are enrolled in, how many credits you have left to complete, how
many credits you have already completed and your estimated date of graduation.
A completed Section 4 with your doctor/counsellor’s signature and stamp (if your appeal circumstance is due to a medical reason).
YOUR ASSESSMENT WILL BE DELAYED OR DENIED IF YOU DO NOT SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION.
By submitting this request for an appeal, I understand that:
• All terms agreed to on my application will remain in force.
• StudentAid BC may consider information from prior applications in my appeal request.
If Section 4 (Medical Withdrawal) is completed by doctor/counsellor:
• I consent to the release of information from my doctor or counsellor to the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training,
• I understand that this information will be used to determine whether StudentAid BC approves my appeal due to my medical
Collection and use of information: The information included in this form and authorized above is collected under Sections 26(c) and 26(e) of the Freedom of Information and
Protection of Privacy Act, and under the authority of the Canada Student Financial Assistance Act, R.S.C. 1994, Chapter C-28 and StudentAid BC. The information provided will
be used to determine eligibility for a benefit through StudentAid BC and for statistical and evaluation purposes. If you have any questions about the collection and use of this
information, contact the Director, StudentAid BC, Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training, PO Box 9173, Stn Prov Govt, Victoria B.C., V8W 9H7, telephone 1-800-
561-1818 (toll-free in Canada/U.S.) or (250)-387-6100 from outside North America.
Upload completed Appeal Request Form and all required documentation to your
StudentAid BC Dashboard at studentaidbc.ca/dashboard.
STUDENT’S SOCIAL INSURANCE NUMBER STUDENT’S APPLICATION NUMBER
STUDENT’S FIRST NAME MIDDLE INITIAL
SECTION 2 – REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION
SECTION 1 – STUDENT INFORMATION