ADVISING FORM INSTRUCTIONS
1. MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR ACADEMIC ADVISOR. You can find your advisor’s email address, telephone and office numbers here:
. If you don’t know who your advisor is, consult your BOSS account (menu option “ADVISOR”) or department
(names, telephone and office numbers are listed in the Directory portion of “The Racing Form” – printed and online).
2. CHECK REGISTRATION HOLDS.
Use your BOSS account (menu option “HOLDS”). If you have a HOLD, read the entry completely – it will
provide the type hold, office and telephone numbers, and department responsible for resolution and removal.
3. PLAN YOUR SCHEDULE. Use this form to assist you with planning your schedule for the next academic quarter. Be sure you meet course prerequisites
before you attempt to load your schedule. Also, review and annotate any alternates that may work for your particular curriculum and schedule. You will find the
most up-to-date course offerings on-line at http://boss.latech.edu/
and use menu option “AVAILABLE COURSE SECTIONS” for the appropriate term.
4. SEE YOUR ACADEMIC ADVISOR. At your advising appointment, be sure that you and your advisor:
a. Agree to your academic program course requirements and review your curriculum sheet.
b. Check to ensure you meet all course prerequisites.
c. Discuss the need for special permission signatures and where to get them.
BOTH YOU AND YOUR ADVISOR MUST SIGN THE ADVISING FORM
NOTE: If any of your selected courses require special permission/signatures or prerequisite overrides, use this Advising Form, properly completed with
advisor/department head/dean signature(s) as required. Bring the signed Advising Form to the University Registrar’s Office (Keeny Hall 207) to have the
special permission approval(s) loaded for you. This can be done anytime before or after your scheduled registration access start date.
5. ACTIVATE WEB REGISTRATION ACCESS CODE. Your advisor (or a specified departmental faculty/staff member) must activate this code for you. If
this is not accomplished, you will not be able to load your schedule and complete fee payment
6. LOAD & PAY/CONFIRM YOUR SCHEDULE. From any internet capable computer, beginning on your scheduled early registration day and time, logon to
, click on Student BOSS Login, load your CWID and BOSS PIN#, complete your registration and tuition/fee payment or schedule
confirmation using the menu options “DROP AND ADD CLASSES” and “ACCOUNT SUMMARY/PAYMENTS”. Remember, if you don’t complete
tuition/fee payment or confirm your credit/zero balance by the scheduled date, your schedule will be PURGED and you will have to start the schedule
loading process all over again. See the registration and tuition/fee payment purge dates on the registration calendar on-line at http://boss.latech.edu/
options “CRITICAL REGISTRATION DATES” and “FEE PAYMENT PURGE DEADLINES”) or on the Cover of “The Racing Form.” – printed and
REVISED: August 4, 2008