Limit of work permitted
Declaration by Applicant
13 32 20 www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au
NSW FAIR TRADING - HOME BUILDING SERVICE
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FORM
FOR DISCONNECTION AND RECONNECTION
OF FIXED ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
QUALIFIED SUPERVISOR CERTIFICATE
The purpose of this qualified supervisor certificate is to provide a means of allowing appropriately trained and competent workers to undertake straightforward
disconnection and reconnection of electrical equipment where that electrical work is incidental to the person's principal function in the workplace.
These certificates are granted to qualified tradespeople, such as plumbers, to enable them to undertake restricted electrical work in the course of their
principal trade activities.
Note: Any work involved in the disconnection and reconnection work associated with an air conditioning or refrigeration systems is excluded from the
above and for licensing purposes, such work is to be covered by the classes of .air conditioning and refrigeration
Disconnection and reconnection work is limited to:
Disconnection and reconnection work does NOT include work:
Disconnection and reconnection of electrical wiring at the equipment itself and only to the extent necessary to permit the non-electrical work to be performed;
• Replacement of equipment on a “like for like” basis;
• Testing necessary for the safe isolation of the equipment to be disconnected and reconnected;
• Testing necessary for the safe operation of the equipment;
• Replacement of 'blown” fuses and resetting of “tripped” circuit breakers;
• Equipment operation at voltages up to 1000V alternating current three phase and 1500V direct current.
• that is otherwise defined by the Regulation to be the associated electrical work under the categories of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
• on new installations or the alteration of fixed wiring
• where high fault currents are possible
• on complex electrical apparatus and circuits
• associated with fixed wiring other than disconnecting and reconnecting electrical equipment - this exclusion includes locating and rectifying faults of
circuits at a switchboard or to general electrical accessories (including switches, socket outlets, circuit protective devices); or installation of or alteration
to any part of the fixed electrical wiring system (defined as electrical wiring work)
• on fixed wired smoke detectors
• on electric hot water systems except when carried by the holder of a plumbing endorsed licence or qualified supervisor certificate(or water plumbing)
• on luminaires including pre-assembled neon signs
• installing lifts, inclinators and turntables, and
• in hazardous areas or on electrical equipment that is part of an explosion-protection technique.
1. The name, address and contact number of your employer.
Contact number: ( )
Complete the following:
2. A description of your workplace
3. A description of your principal function in your workplace
In accordance with section 12 of the Licensing and Registration (Uniform Procedures) Act 2002 this
Additional Details Form and any supporting attachments are part of the application form submitted
by the applicant making application for an authority under the Home Building Act 1989.