WHY PARTNER WITH GEAR UP IOWA
While GEAR UP Iowa aims to help schools develop sustainable services that can be maintained for students who
follow in the years after the cohort’s graduation, GEAR UP Iowa school districts receive a limited amount of funds
to provide those services. To help ﬁll the gap between available funds for current cohort programs and the goal of
developing longlasting services, GEAR UP Iowa seeks partners to assist in the implementation of services for current
GEAR UP Iowa students in addition to sustaining effective practices.
Your partnerships will expand the breadth and impact of GEAR UP Iowa supports and services. Not only will it help
make a difference in the life of a student, it will also ensure that all students have access to college.
GEAR UP IOWA PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
GEAR UP Iowa partners with organizations that lend their expertise in support of program goals and initiatives.
Through these partnerships, GEAR UP Iowa is able to expand upon efforts to support students and create a college-
going culture in participating high schools. Areas where partnerships can make the greatest impact include:
Community: Organizations located in the GEAR UP Iowa service area that provide mentoring, career exploration,
leadership and family engagement opportunities for students involved in the GEAR UP Iowa program.
Higher Education: Postsecondary institutions that offer campus visits, summer programming, professional
development for teachers or counselors, academic programming and additional scholarship opportunities.
Partnership Toolkit | 2
PARTNER WITH GEAR UP IOWA
To help reach our goals and match requirement, GEAR UP Iowa is looking for organizations to provide:
• Event sponsorship for the GEAR UP Iowa Annual Conference or Summer Student Summit
• Unique scholarships for GEAR UP Iowa students when they enroll in postsecondary
• Contributions to the GEAR UP Iowa scholarship to increase its purchasing power and
reach more students
• Foundation grants to support GEAR UP Iowa building staff or professional development
in school districts
• Direct contributions such as food or prize giveaways for family events, school supplies
for low-income students or technology to enhance classroom learning
• Volunteers to host or present at GEAR UP Iowa events or serve as mentors for students
• Scholarships that support students attending the Youth Leadership Summit with the
National Council for Community and Education Partnerships (NCCEP)
• Additional funding to support schools in the implementation of GEAR UP Iowa services