Commercial & Industrial Off-Bill Recovery
Financing Program Application
Business Customers Participating in New Jersey’s Clean
Energy Program™ Direct Install,
Pay for Performance and SmartStart
Commercial and Industrial Off-Bill Recovery Financing Program
(CIORFP) Application Instructions, Terms, and Conditions
For Commercial and Industrial Customers Participating in the New Jersey Clean Energy Program™
New Jersey SmartStart
Buildings including Custom Measures, Direct Install and Pay for Performance Programs
This application must be completed by the following individuals depending on the type of business entity.
Sole Proprietorship or Business Individual: Owner
Partnership: Partner or Limited Partner
Limited Liability Company: Member or Manager
Corporation: President, Vice President or Corporate Secretary
This is neither a contract, nor a commitment with a contractor. This is an application that will allow South Jersey Gas (SJG) to review your request to participate in
SJG’s Commercial and Industrial Off-Bill Repayment Program for the amount of an eligible New Jersey SmartStart
Buildings including Custom Measures and Pay
for Performance project up to $130,000 or a Direct Install project up to $130,000. This will include reviewing your utility payment and bankruptcy history. Please
complete all fields. If you have any questions, please call Energy Finance Solutions at 1.888.264.4367 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete all sections of the application, providing the name(s) and contact information of all business owners owning more than 10 percent or more of the business
(“Owners”). Owners must also provide a social security number. The application must be signed by all persons whose name is on the SJG gas account. For a list
of additional documents that must be provided with this completed application, see below.
*Please see the Terms and Conditions section below for requirements for new SJG customers. If an existing customer, please note the gas account must be in the
same name and have the same Tax ID Number as the applicant’s business.
Including Custom Measures
Copy of completed Direct Install Application
Signed Participation Agreement with the
Participating Contractor serving your area
Scope of Work Document • Project
Copy of your completed Pay for Performance
Signed Participation Agreement with the Approved
Partner or Trade Ally serving your area
Copies of the NJCEP Incentives #1 and #2
Copy of your completed Application
The Market Manager Approval Letter
The Customer Certification that the
equipment was purchased and installed
An incomplete application and/or failure to provide any of the required documentation will delay processing of your request and may result in denial of the application.
SJG will share the status/progress of your CIORFP application/process with your contractor of choice for reasons that include but are not limited to providing required
documents, scheduling work, and processing paperwork.
Terms and Conditions:
1) Current SJG customers must have twelve (12) months of on-time account payments; there can be no instances of payments received 30+ days after due date or payments re-
turned. New SJG customers must provide a Letter of Credit from a previous regulated utility (e.g., from your electric utility) showing 12 months of excellent or very good payment
2) Applicant business or Owners must have no other delinquent SJG account(s) or unsatisfied previous debt to SJG (i.e., write-off account from a previous business location or a
delinquent account for the same business at another location.
3) Neither applicant business nor Owner may have filed bankruptcy or served as an officer of a company that declared bankruptcy in the past 10 years. Note: a personal
bankruptcy search will also be performed for sole proprietors.
4) All businesses must provide SJG with personal guarantees from each person with an ownership interest of 10 percent or more in the business entity. Personal guarantees do not
need to be provided if the business is either (1) publicly held; or (2) a registered nonprofit,
The promissory note will clearly state they are signing in their individual capacity.
5) All names on the application must match the names on tax maps (from DEED). If different, applicant(s) should provide an explanation.
6) The Direct Install No-interest repayment program term is for five (5) years.
7) The Pay for Performance and SmartStart
Buildings including Custom Measures No-Interest Program term is for ten (10) years.
8) There are no fees, no closing costs and no prepayment penalties.
9) Preliminary approval for the CIORFP program is effective for 90 days from the date of approval letter and contingent upon receipt of all completed documents set forth in the letter.
After 90 days ,SJG reserves the right, in its sole discretion, either to terminate the application or to review additional information, including your then-current payment history, prior
to processing the application—which may result in a denial.
10) For Direct Install applicants; following the submission of the Project Completion form, all payments (CIORFP amount) will be sent directly to the contractor.
11) For SmartStart
Buildings including Custom Measures and Pay for Performance applicants; following the submission of Project Completion form, all payments (CIORFP amount)
will be sent to the customer.
12) The SJG account holder is responsible to pay the contractor for all work performed.
13) The CIORFP will be considered in default if any of the following occur: a) Any amount owing under the Promissory Note (“Note”) is not paid by the day it becomes due; or b) There
is a violation of a provision of the Note now or in the future; or c) Account holder files for bankruptcy or becomes subject to a proceeding which seeks relief from debt; or d) Account
holder dies or becomes legally unable to manage their affairs; or e) Account holder terminates the SJG account number listed in the Note; or f ) Account holder sells or otherwise
transfers ownership of the real property at which SJG currently provides natural gas utility service under the SJG account number listed in the Note; or g) Account holder has made
a false or misleading statement about an important matter in connection with the transaction covered by the Note or has made or makes one in any application related to the Note;
or h) Account holder reasonably believes any amount owing under the Note will not be paid by the day it becomes due.
14) If a default occurs, all amounts owing under the Note will be due immediately.
Send completed and signed repayment application form (keep copy for yourself) to the following address:
Energy Finance Solutions • 431 Charmany Drive • Madison, WI 53719 • Email: email@example.com • Phone: 888.264.4367 • Fax: 608.249.5788