SECTION C. INSTALLATION INFORMATION
SOLAR MODULE: Solar Module Manufacturer: ____________________ Solar Module Model Number: ___________________ Number of Modules: ________________
Nameplate Module Rating (watts): _______________ Module Performance Warranty (years): ___________ Tilt of Panels if Fixed (degrees): _______
Azimuth Angle/Orientation (degrees): ____________ Thin Film?
INVERTER: Inverter Manufacturer: __________________________________________ Inverter Model Number: ________________________________________
Inverter Rating (kW): ____________________________________________ Inverter Warranty (years): _______________________________________
SYSTEM: System DC Rating (sum of the panel wattage): _______________ kW (Rebate requires a 2.0 kW DC or larger system rating.)
System AC Rating: __________ kW
Building Permit Number: ______________________ Total Installed Cost: ____________________
SECTION D. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The CONSERVE & SAVE
solar electric rebate for households and businesses provides financial support for the installation of new grid
connected solar electric systems. A rebate of $500 will be available to customers that meet the following criteria:
• Install a new photovoltaic (PV) system that is 2.0 kW DC or larger.
• Customer must sign a utility net-metering/interconnection agreement with Austin, Owatonna, or Rochester Public Utilities.
• System must meet the Minnesota Department of Energy Resources rebate requirements in addition to the utility requirements.
(See www.state.mn.us; search “solar electric rebate.”)
• In exchange for the rebate, the utility will own any and all Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) associated with the PV system.
• Must comply with all applicable federal, state, local and utility laws and requirements.
• Must comply with all applicable building and zoning codes and obtain all appropriate permits, providing copies of such permits to their utility.
• Solar installation must include a licensed general contractor and a licensed electrical contractor.
• The Utility reserves the right to reject any rebate application submitted as a result of work performed by a contractor who has failed to adhere
to the terms and conditions established for the rebate program.
• System must be installed within timelines identified in the Distributed Energy Resources Interconnection Process documents.
• For improved cost effectiveness and energy efficiency, a professional energy audit should be conducted prior to installation.
• Customer is encouraged to obtain installation quotes from multiple contractors.
• Customer is encouraged to have a shading analysis performed.
• All of the system components must be new.
• PV modules must be certified as meeting the most current edition of Underwriters Laboratory Standard 1703 (UL1703) and must have
a 20-year or greater manufacturer’s performance warranty.
• Inverters must be certified as meeting the current edition of Underwriters Laboratory Standard 1741 (UL1741) and come with a minimum
five-year manufacturer’s warranty.
• Due to limited funding, this rebate offer can be withdrawn at any time without notice. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Steps to Receiving a Solar Electric Rebate:
1. Customer notifies their utility of plans to install a PV system.
2. Customer fills out the Generation Interconnection Application.
3. If application is approved, the utility will send all interconnection documents and rebate application to customer.
4. Customer fills out all documents and returns them to their utility, along with a detailed copy of paid invoice/receipt
5. Utility orders meter.
6. Utility and the city building and safety department inspect the installed PV system before issuing a rebate check.
7. Rebate check will be issued to the customer/owner of the property.
8. Information contained in this rebate application may be shared with the Minnesota Department of Commerce and our co-op partners.
Return the completed application and required documentation to your utility provider:
Austin Utilities Owatonna Public Utilities Rochester Public Utilities
Attn: Rebate Processing Attn: Rebate Processing Attn: Rebate Processing
1908 14th St NE PO Box 800 4000 E River Rd NE
Austin, MN 55912-4904 Owatonna, MN 55060-0800 Rochester, MN 55906-2813
507-433-8886 507-451-2480 507-280-1500
www.austinutilities.com www.owatonnautilities.com www.rpu.org
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email: email@example.com or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE PRINT ON RECYCLED PAPER 0121
OFFICE USE ONLY
Date Interconnected: _____________________