Port Orchard Farmers Market
P.O. Box 8247 Port Orchard, WA 98366
Consent for Background History Check
Each employee or volunteer to be screened must sign an authoriza!on/waiver/indemnity form, giving approval for
Kitsap Regional Farmer’s Market, Opera!ng the Port Orchard Farmers Market (KRFMA/POFM) to perform a criminal
background check. Employment is condi!oned on acceptable results from a Background History Check.
Background checks by business, organization, or insurance company—Limitations—Civil liability.
(1) A business or organization shall not make an inquiry to the Washington state patrol under RCW 43.43.832 or an
equivalent inquiry to a federal law enforcement agency unless the business or organization has notified the applicant who
may be offered a position as an employee or volunteer, that an inquiry may be made.
(2) A business or organization shall require each applicant to disclose to the business or organization whether the
(a) Has been convicted of a crime;
(b) Has had findings made against him or her in any civil adjudicative proceeding as defined in RCW 43.43.830; or
(c) Has both a conviction under (a) of this subsection and findings made against him or her under (b) of this subsection.
(3) The business or organization shall pay such reasonable fee for the records check as the state patrol may require under
(4) The business or organization shall notify the applicant of the state patrol's response within ten days after receipt by the
business or organization. The employer shall provide a copy of the response to the applicant and shall notify the applicant
of such availability.
(5) The business or organization shall use this record only in making the initial employment or engagement decision.
Further dissemination or use of the record is prohibited, except as provided in RCW 28A.320.155. A business or
organization violating this subsection is subject to a civil action for damages.
(6) An insurance company shall not require a business or organization to request background information on any
employee before issuing a policy of insurance.
(7) The business and organization shall be immune from civil liability for failure to request background information on an
applicant unless the failure to do so constitutes gross negligence.
Port Orchard Farmers Market /021,3$"%%$'' 03/08/21