MAKE YOUR OWN PATH
We want to help you reach your goals. That’s why we oer scholarships to our members and their family.
The $1,500 scholarships can be used toward the cost of study at any accredited postsecondary institution in Canada.
Who Can Apply?
• CLAC members, their spouse, children, and grandchildren.
• Applicants must be attending/accepted at an accredited
postsecondary institution in Canada or registered/accepted
in an apprenticeship program in Canada.
• Applicants may be enrolled in either full-time or part-time
If you have previously won a CLAC scholarship, you are not
eligible to apply again.
Guidelines for Applicants
• Applications are due June 15, 2021, by midnight ET.
• Applicants must submit a 750-word essay on the following
What do workers want from their union during bad
The essay should oer an informed opinion that has a
central idea. Speciﬁc reasons and examples that support
your viewpoint should be provided. Be sure to answer the
question, stay on point, and deﬁne any terms that are used
in your essay.
• Applicants must submit a completed application form. The
application form requires a CLAC representative’s signature—
this must be included on your application or it will be
considered incomplete. A representative’s signature veriﬁes
that you (or your family member) are a union member in
• Applicants must submit a copy of their (or their family
member’s) union membership card with their application.
• Members who are involved in the union will receive extra
points. If you claim any union involvement (i.e., steward,
bargaining committee member, on a local board, etc.),
you are required to submit a brief letter from your CLAC
representative with your application. This letter will outline
the extent of your (or your family member’s) involvement
(role, length of service, etc.).
• Applicants must provide proof of enrolment in a
postsecondary institution with their application. (For more
information, see the FAQs at clac.ca/scholarships.)
• Incomplete applications will not be considered submitted
until all documents have been received.
Submitting Your Application
Applications can be submitted by any one of the following four
Hand-delivered to any CLAC member centre before the
deadline and stamped with the date of receipt
Emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org before
midnight ET on June 15, 2021
• Couriered or mailed to:
45 Commerce Court
Your application must be received on or before the
deadline date (not postmarked on that date).
• Faxed to 519-653-3004 before midnight ET on June 15,
If the deadline (June 15) falls on a weekend, we will accept
applications that are faxed or emailed over the weekend as long
as they are received on or before midnight ET of the Sunday.
Questions? Contact Us
Winners will be announced by September 1, 2021.
R+E SAF – Nov 2020