For assistance call 505-222-3750
January 1 is the Assessment Date of Business Personal Property (business equipment). Respond to all items; show N/A on the items that do not
apply. A separate report must be completed for each location of a business
. If two businesses are at one location, a separate report must be
completed for each business. If duplicate forms for the same business are received, please return both copies to the Assessor’s Office so the duplicate
account number may be deactivated.
1. NAME OF OWNER: Give the name of ownership be it the name of a sole proprietor, a partnership, or a corporation (i.e. Joe Smith, Joe Smith
Ltd. Partnership, Joe Smith Inc). The name of ownership might be the same as the D.B.A.
2. D.B.A. (doing business as): The name of your business. The D.B.A. might be the same as the name of ownership.
3. (C/O): The name of the tax consultant, CPA, accountant, individual or firm that should receive this document other than owner.
4. CONTACT PERSON: The individual to speak with regarding information on this document.
5. LOCATION ADDRESS This is the physical address of the business or business equipment. If the business is conducted from the home, give the
home address. If the business is conducted from a mobile vehicle state so.
6. MAILING ADDRESS This is the address all tax related documents are to be mailed to: if different from owner attach signed authorization.
7. CHECK BOX if the primary activity of this business is to Lease or Rent equipment to others, the lessor.
8. NEW MEXICO STATE ID #/CRS #: This number is issued by the NM State Taxation and Revenue Department. (11 Digits)
CITY FACILITY ID # or COUNTY BUSINESS REGISTRATION #: This number is issued by the city or county dependent upon the location
of the business. Give both City and County numbers if applicable.
11. DATE BUSINESS STARTED ACTIVITY in Bernalillo County under the current ownership. If the bus. was incorporated recently provide the date.
12. HOW MANY LOCATIONS DOES THIS BUSINESS HAVE IN BERNALILLO COUNTY? List total number of locations in Bernalillo County
13. CHECK appropriate box to identify that this location is inside or outside of the Albuquerque City limits.
14. PHONE NUMBER, CELL NUMBER, FAX NUMBER, and E-MAIL ADDRESS for the OWNER.
15. TYPE OF BUSINESS. Give a description of what the business does ( Restaurant, Physician, Beauty Salon, Construction, Retail Store etc.)
16. NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS OF THE OWNER, Do not give the name or address of the agent.
17. CENTRALLY ASSESSED ACCOUNTS. Assets reported to the State of New Mexico Taxation & Revenue Department State Assessed Property
Bureau are NOT to be reported to the Bernalillo County Assessor.
18. For Federal Tax reporting are the books maintained on a Calendar year (Jan-Dec) or are they maintained on a fiscal year (i.e., 2-1 to 1-31)?
19. Check the tax year that is to be used for this report 2018 or 2019. Check YES if a federal depreciation deduction was claimed and/or
expensed under sec 179 for assets on that tax year and complete the #23 calculation page. Check NO if no federal depreciation was taken for
that tax year. Supporting tax documentation must be submitted with all reports for the tax year checked YES or NO (Federal Depreciation
Schedule/4562 with tax asset detail for the year checked/Schedule C pages 1 & 2 can be submitted if no depreciation was taken.)
20. NAME OF FIRM & INDIVIDUAL PREPARING THIS REPORT IF OTHER THAN THE OWNER REPORT MUST BE SIGNED & DATED.
21. DATE BUSINESS CEASED ACTIVITY IN BERNALILLO COUNTY. This is the date the business ceased to do business in Bernalillo County
under current ownership. If this business has moved from this location, show the new address on line #5 and complete this document. If,
there is no equipment or it was sold or disposed of prior to January 1, the business must complete this document. To remove the business from
the Bernalillo County Assessor’s records, it is necessary to complete items 1 thru 20, and 21 or 22 if applicable. Report must be signed & dated.
22. DATE BUSINESS SOLD, NAME, PHONE & MAILING ADDRESS OF BUYER. A NEW UPC # will be assigned to the NEW buyer.
If in business as of Jan 1
, owner is responsible for entire year. Report must be signed & dated.
23. CALCULATION PAGE MUST BE COMPLETED Use the 2018, 2019 Federal Depreciation Schedule Detail. A) Eliminate licensed motor
vehicles, equipment disposed of prior to January 1, or equipment fully depreciated prior to the federal tax year being reported. B) Identify the
assets depreciated and/or expensed under Section-179 for the Federal Tax year being reported. C) Determine the straight-line Class Life using
tables provided. D) Apply the percent good from the Tables provided and calculate the depreciated cost. Attach a copy of the Federal
Depreciation Schedule Detail and 4562 as supporting documentation. If business has not federally depreciated any assets for the tax year
indicated include a copy of Federal Schedule C pages 1 & 2.
24. LEASED EQUIPMENT. On a separate sheet, describe the type of equipment that this business leases (lessee), and the name of the business
from which the equipment is leased (lessor). The lessee is to report leased equipment if, title of the leased equipment is passed to
the lessee and the lessee is claiming a federal depreciation or expense deduction on the equipment.
To declare an exemption, which is not currently applied to this assessment record, an application for exemption must be requested through the
Assessor’s Office. Application must be made by the LAST DAY OF FEBRUARY OF THE TAX YEAR for which the exemption is to be applied.
The Assessor’s exempt status is solely on taxation. Claiming or receiving tax exempt status DOES NOT relieve the business or non-
profit organization of the responsibility to complete and return a business equipment report each year to the Assessor’s Office.
Head-of-Household exemptions are NOT applied to business equipment.
A. CHURCH: To qualify for this exemption, the substantial and primary use of the property must be for religious purposes.
B. CHARITABLE/EDUCATIONAL: To qualify for these exemptions, the substantial and primary use of the property must be for
THE UPC# MUST BE ON ALL REPORTS SUBMITTED TO AVOID DOUBLE ASSESSMENTS--NEW BUSINESS WRITE “NEW” IN THE UPC BOX.