Grounds and Parks Booking Application Form
Updated 7/18 5
Terms and Conditions of Hire
The Customer agrees that where the Central Otago District Council (‘the Council”) supplies the Customer
with goods and/or services, the following terms and conditions will apply:
The Terms and Conditions of Payment (if applicable)
The Terms and Conditions for grounds/parks
Any additional Terms and Conditions agreed in writing between the Council and the Customer.
Equipment – posts, flags etc. to be supplied by Customer and erected by others.
Lead in notice for sports groups and events
o Cricket wicket – 3 weeks
o Rugby/soccer field – 2 weeks
o Athletics – 2 weeks
o Event – 2 weeks (depending on scale)
Terms and Conditions for Supply of a Ground or Park Area
1. Where the Council provides the Customer with the use of grounds or parks the Customer shall not
use any of the grounds or park areas for any other purpose other than agreed to by the Council.
2. The Customer shall remove any extra rubbish and waste from the grounds/park area and keep area
in a tidy condition. Extra bins can be supplied at $30 per bin per event.
3. The Customer shall give the Council prompt notice of any accident on the grounds or park area or
defect that they become aware of.
4. The Customer shall not use any area in any noisome, noxious, illegal or offensive way or allow
anything or any act to be done on or in any area that causes a nuisance or disturbance.
5. A ground inspection will be completed prior to commencement and at the conclusion of your event
any damage caused by the Customer will be charged back to the customer.
6. A bond is charged for the following events Circuses, Gypsy fairs/carnivals and must be paid before
the keys to the ground/park area are given out. The bond will be refunded to the Customer after a
ground check has been completed and no damage has been sited.
7. Motorised vehicles are not permitted into grounds/parks areas beyond car parking facilities, with the
exception of authorised vehicles and motorised wheelchairs. Temporary vehicle access may be
granted for specific finite purposed and then terminated at the completion of the purpose.
8. A building consent is required to erect a marquee if it is 100m
9. The sale or supply of liquor requires a special licence.
10. Dogs are prohibited from all designated playing areas at all sports grounds and must be kept under
control at all times. Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs.
11. No drones are permitted on Councils sportsgrounds or park areas without prior approval from
12. No pegs or waratahs to be installed without Council approval, due to risk of damage to underground
services including irrigation.