Market Information and Guidelines
The Elk River Farmers Market allows farmers, growers, and producers to sell their products directly to the public.
Market Location and Operating Hours
Elk River Farmers Market is located at Downtown Elk River in the parking lot of 716 & 720 Main Street, Elk River,
MN 55330. The operating hours are between 3:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Market Eligibility and Rules
The following guidelines were established to determine vendor participation in the Farmers Market. Vendors who
violate the Market rules may be removed from participation in the Market, without refund, at discretion of the
Farmers Market Coordinator.
1. Vendors may not sell any items not approved or shown in their Market application.
2. All items must be prepared, displayed, sold, and stored in accordance with the guidelines established by
the Minnesota Department of Agriculture and the Minnesota Department of Health.
3. Craft items sold must be designed and made by hand by the vendor.
4. All vendors are required to participate in the token programs. This includes credit card, EBT, and
promotional tokens (if applicable to your business). More information on the token program will be
included in the welcome letter to vendors prior to the season start date.
1. No smoking or consumption of alcoholic beverages allowed in the Market area.
2. Contact the Market Coordinator if you are unable to attend a Market date either by email to
or by phone at 763.635.1156.
3. All vendors must represent themselves in a professional manner. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all
times. Discourtesy, swearing, shouting, or harassment is not permitted.
4. Price, terms of sale, etc., are solely between the buyer and seller. All vendors agree to abide by fair
5. Set up begins at 1 p.m. Please note that vendor vehicles are not allowed in the lot until 1 p.m. All stalls
must be set up prior to 2:45 p.m.
6. Market vendors must be ready to sell at opening time. No presales allowed. Vendors must remain 7:00
p.m. No early clean up.
7. Animals are not allowed in the market area.
8. Tents and canopies must be weighted down with at least 20 pounds per canopy leg.
9. Market staff reserves the right to inspect crop and production areas.
10. There is a porta potty located in the parking lot for vendor and customer use. We ask that you do not
use the local businesses for their restrooms.
11. Vendor parking locations will be highlighted in the welcome letter. We ask that you follow this to allow
parking for market customers.
Permits and Licenses
All permits and licenses required by the State of Minnesota are the sole responsibility of the vendor. You must
supply copies of these prior to the start of the season.
Any required sales tax collections and remittances are the sole responsibility of each vendor.
1. Vendors assume full liability for the products they sell and hereby agree to hold the City of Elk River
harmless against any claim of injury or damage by any buyer, seller, or other persons resulting from the
vendor’s participation in the Market.
2. It is required that vendors carry their own insurance, as the city does not provide this coverage.
3. The City of Elk River is not liable for any injury, theft, or damage to either the buyer or seller, or their
property, arising out of or pertaining to preparation for or participation in the Elk River Parks and
Recreation Farmers Market; whether such injury, theft, or damage occurred prior, during, or after the
Farmers Market, seller further agrees to indemnify and hold the City of Elk River harmless for and against
any claims for such injury, theft, or damage.