FAFSA Signature Sheet
Read the following carefully:
Students, by signing below, you certify that you:
1. Will use federal and/or state student financial aid only to pay the cost of attending an
institution of higher education.
2. Are not in default on a federal student loan or have made satisfactory arrangements to
3. Do not owe money back on a federal student grant or have made satisfactory
arrangements to repay it.
4. Will notify your school if you default on a federal student loan.
5. Will not receive a Federal Pell Grant from more than one school for the same period of
Student and Parents, by signing below, you certify that all of the information you provided is true
and complete to the best of your knowledge and you agree, if asked to:
1. Provide information that will verify the accuracy of your completed form.
2. Provide U.S. or state income tax forms that you filed or are required to file.
You also certify that you understand that the Secretary of Education has the authority to verify
information reported on your application with the Internal Revenue Service and other federal
agencies. If you purposely give false or misleading information, you may be fined up to $20,000,
sent to prison, or both.
Student Name (Print) Student ID Number
Student Signature Date
Parent’s Signature* Date
*If parental information is provided on the FAFSA, at least ONE parent whose information was
provided must sign.