* Electronic Signatures will not be accepted
Financial Aid & Scholarships
1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin, IL 60123-7193
Phone: 847-214-7360 Fax: 847-608-5460
2020-2021 Institutional Aid Application & Permission to Credit
Name ___________________________________________________________ ECC ID or SS #____________________
Use blue or black ink to complete this form
• I understand I may not receive financial aid for a course that is not required for my financial aid eligible academic
program at ECC.
• I understand I may not receive financial aid from two schools during the same academic term.
• I understand the use of Federal Title IV funds I receive are solely for expenses related to attendance at ECC.
• I understand ECC may cancel any or all financial aid if conflicting information is given and/or if I do not complete
• I am not currently in default of any Title IV Federal aid nor owe any federal grant repayments. If this changes any
time during the award year, I will notify the ECC Financial Aid office.
• I understand in order to receive some forms of aid (loans, work study, certain grants/scholarships), there are enrollment
• I understand that if I withdraw from any or all classes, my financial aid may be reduced and/or I may lose financial aid
• I understand that it’s my responsibility to drop a class(es) that I do not plan to attend regardless of my financial aid
status. For information regarding refunds associated with dropping a class, please refer to the ECC refund policy at
• I understand I am required to meet and maintain Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards.
• I understand if I am convicted for the possession or sale of illegal drugs that occurred while receiving Title IV financial
aid (Federal and State), I may be ineligible for current and future financial aid.
• I understand if my residency changes financial aid may not be enough to cover all charges.
• I understand if my charges exceed my financial aid award, I will be responsible for any outstanding charges.
• In order to receive financial aid, I understand that I must be actively pursuing completion of courses in which I am
• I understand my financial aid may not pay for repeated classes.
• I understand I may only receive financial aid for 30 hours of remedial coursework.
• I agree to deposit/cash all financial aid refund checks within 90 days of the check date, otherwise the excess will be
returned to the U. S. Department of Education.
• I understand that if I make schedule changes, ECC may adjust my state and federal aid up through the 50% point of the
term. I understand that after the 50%, I still may have adjustments made to my aid if I never attend the class(es) or am
dropped by my instructor with a last day of attendance prior to the 50% point.
I am responsible for reading the terms and conditions stated above, as a part of receiving financial aid from Elgin
Community College. I affirm to the best of my knowledge that the information submitted herein is complete and correct.
_____________________________________________________ ___________________ Date