Section 4: Credits Not Earned
Complete the chart below if you did not earn credits at any of the school(s) listed in Section 3. You must provide an explanation for
lack of credit, in addition to supporting third-party documentation. Examples of appropriate third party documentation are listed
• If you, your child, or your parent/spouse experienced illness or were hospitalized, please provide documentation on letterhead
of dates and, if applicable, a healthcare provider’s decision of student’s readiness to return to school.
• If you experienced the death of an immediate family member, please provide the relationship of this person and a copy of the
• If you had military obligations, please provide appropriate documentation from you commanding officer.
• If you were the victim of a crime or unexpected disaster, please provide a copy of the police report and/or other
documentation appropriate to your situation.
• If none of the above, please provide alternate detailed documentation of your situation.
•If additional space is needed, please write on a separate sheet and attach to this form.
EXPLANATION FOR LACK OF CREDIT BY
Section 5: Certifications and Signatures
I certify that the information submitted is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. If asked by an authorized official, I
agree to provide additional proof of the information provided on this form. I understand:
• that purposely providing false or misleading information on this form may result in reduction or repayment of aid, fines,
and/or imprisonment in this and/or future years;
• My request will be denied if I do not submit third-party documentation or if my documentation is not complete or is illegible;
I will be contacted once my appeal has been reviewed; All decisions are final; and
• If the appeal for enrollment history is approved and for any reason you fail to meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress
(SAP) standards, you will continue to be ineligible for aid, unless a SAP Appeal is approved.
Student Signature: ____________________________________________ Date: _______________________
TCL Student ID: _______________________
Statement of Non-Discrimination: Technical College of the Lowcountry is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all qualified applicants for admission or
employment without regard to race, gender, national origin, age, religion, marital status, veteran status, disability, or political affiliation or belief.
Form last revised: 05/28/20 CRI: FAC20UEH Page 2 of 2