Pokégnek Bodéwadmik • Pokagon Band of Potawatomi
Department of Education
Box 180 • 58620 Sink Road • Dowagiac, MI 49047 • www.PokagonBand-nsn.gov
(269) 782-0887 • Please email all documents to DOE.HEAP@PokagonBand-nsn.gov>
2019-2020 HEAP Recipient Agreement
I agree to the following items as a condition of receiving the Higher Education Assistance
1. Must use funds for education-related expenses.
2. Must attend the institution listed on the application.
3. Must submit an unofficial transcript prior to the beginning of each academic
period (i.e. term or semester) to verify grades.
4. Must submit a copy of schedule to verify class schedule.
5. Must maintain current address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other
contact information with the Pokagon Band Enrollment Department
6. Must maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or the minimum
standard for the higher education institution for undergraduate study and 3.0 for
graduate study. If the student’s cumulative grade point average drops below the
determined GPA, the student will be placed on academic probation and must
follow the Academic Improvement Plan found in the HEAP policy
7. Withdrawal from School must be pre-approved by the Higher Education
Specialist. Student must notify the Pokagon Band Department of Education
within (5) business days after dropping a class or withdrawing from school
completely. The portion of the Pokagon Higher Education Scholarship received
for the dropped class must be paid back to the Pokagon Band following the HEAP
8. Must submit a copy of diploma upon graduation.
9. Must submit an application each semester.
10. Must submit all required paperwork for the semester requesting funding before
the following deadlines to be eligible:
Deadline: Fall Semester Aug. 1
Deadline: Spring/Winter Semester Dec 1
Deadline: Summer May 1
I understand that failure to abide by these conditions may jeopardize my future HEAP
Application Signature: _____________________________________Date: ___________