GREENVILLE TECHNICAL COLLEGE
THE LAUREL SCHOLARSHIP
A tuition scholarship, with a value of up to $1,500 for an academic year upon maintenance of a “C” average,
will be awarded to one graduating student from each qualifying* private school in Greenville County.
scholarship is divided into $500 awards for each semester (up to three consecutive semesters as long
as the student maintains a “C” average/2.0 GPA) during the 2019-2020 academic year and may
only be applied toward tuition. Any additional tuition costs, lab fees, application fees, student fees,
books or uniforms will be the responsibility of the student.
The scholarship will be awarded by the Greenville Technical College Scholarship Committee
according to the following procedures:
1. Applicant must be ranked in the top 50% of his/her graduating class at the end of the Fall
2. The application and recommendation must be completed and signed by the student’s principal
or senior counselor and received by the college no later than 1:00 PM on Friday, March 29,
3. The student selected for the scholarship must have applied and received acceptance into a
curriculum program of his or her choice. Prior to selection, the following steps must be
completed by the nominated student:
A. Submit Greenville Tech’s Application for Admission online at
on or before Friday, March 15, 2019.
B. Complete and submit the Declaration of Legal Presence Form along with required state
or federal issued photo identification.
C. Take Greenville Technical College’s placement test or submit SAT scores of 480 or
higher on the verbal, 480 or higher on the math, or ACT Math & English scores 19 or
higher by Wednesday, March 20, 2019.
D. Submit a copy of applicant’s high school transcript with application/recommendation
E. Submit the 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is
available online at www.fafsa.gov, and have a Student Report sent to Greenville
Technical College. (Federal College Code 003991)
4. Applicant must complete the portion of the scholarship application labeled “Student
Information” and give the completed form to his or her guidance counselor.
5. A Greenville Tech representative will present the scholarship at the recipient’s awards
program. We ask that the winner be present to receive his/her award.
*Qualifications for Private Schools:
• The school must be regionally accredited or listed with the SC Department of Education.
• The school must have a publicly available policy on nondiscrimination.
• The school must offer equal access to education and employment opportunities to all,
regardless of sex, race, religion, color, national origin or handicap.