EFSC Office of Financial Aid
www.easternflorida.edu/go/aid | (321) 433-7339 | firstname.lastname@example.org
C. Extenuating Circumstances
If you answered “NO” to the Credit Hours Earned question in Section B for ANY of the schools you attended in
2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18, or 2018-19 you must provide a typewritten, signed, detailed explanation of your failure
to earn academic credit and provide third party documentation to support your explanation. Valid reasons for
failure to complete academic credit include, but are not limited to:
• Documented medical condition or serious illness
• Documented family emergency
• Documented change of city and/or state residence
• Documented death of an immediate family member
• Documented military obligations
• Documented change in conditions of employment
• Other extraordinary/emergency circumstances, such as natural disasters or crimes
Attach date-specific support documentation from a third party. Letters from family and friends are not acceptable.
Documentation includes, but is not limited to:
• Letter from a physician or counselor
• Copy of a death certificate, obituary, or third party documentation of death
• Accident reports, police reports, court records, etc.
• Rental agreements, utility bills, etc. to show relocation
• Copy of military orders
D. Certification and Signature
By signing below I certify that all of the information reported is
complete and correct.
Student’s Original Signature (cannot be signed electronically) Date
E. Document Submission
You may submit this document by the following methods:
1. EFSC DOCUMENT DROPBOX (RECOMMENDED)
Print and complete this document (including the original signature), scan the document, and upload the
document via the Document Dropbox in myEFSC. Printers and scanners are available in EFSC’s open
computer labs and libraries.
WARNING: If you purposely give false
or misleading information, you may be
fined, sent to prison, or both.