REQUIREMENTS FOR ASMSU Billings
• The amount of each scholarship is $500 for fall semester and $500 for spring semester.(tentative upon budget approval).
• A committee consisting of ASMSU Billings Senators, the Senate Advisor, and a representative from the Financial Aid
Office will determine scholarship recipients. Their decision is final.
• You apply for a scholarship fall semester, and if you are selected to receive the fall semester scholarship, you will
automatically receive a scholarship for spring semester for the same amount (provided you still meet the required
1. You must be a full-time student at MSU Billings and have paid the Student Activity Fee.
2. You must have been a full-time student (12 credits undergraduate or 9 credits graduate) at MSU Billings for at
least one semester before you apply. Being enrolled in the current semester for the first time does
3. You must have a current cumulative GPA of a 2.5 and maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
4. Students with zero unmet need will also be eligible for scholarships; however, funding for these students will go
toward the reduction of their student loans, if applicable. This will be determined by the Financial Aid Office
PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW WHEN APPLYING FOR
ASMSU BILLINGS CHILDCARE SCHOLARSHIPS
You must make up a packet of materials and bring it to the ASMSU Billings Student Government Office, room
213 of the SUB by the deadline date. The packet of materials needs to include items 1-5 listed below.
YOU NEED TO INCLUDE ALL THESE ITEMS IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A SCHOLARSHIP.
____1. A form letter from you (included in this packet) indicating the number of children you have and their ages; the
letter should also demonstrate your financial need; list all other child care assistance you receive from any source.
(Preference will be given to those applicants who do not receive other child care assistance.)
____2. Fill out the ASMSU Billings Scholarship Application Form (included in this packet.) or online at:
) click on “applications”.
____3. A working copy of your transcript. (This can be obtained off the Internet by going to the MSU Billings homepage
www.msubillings.edu) and clicking on “Instructions for accessing student grades and unofficial transcripts.”
____4. A copy of your award letter for financial aid. If you do not have a copy of this letter, please go to the Financial Aid
Office and ask them to make a copy of the “Award Screen” printed off of “Roarman” in Banner.
____5. At least two (2) letters of recommendation from someone not related to you that knows of your financial need.
NOTE: THESE SCHOLARSHIPS MAY BE USED TO PAY CHILDCARE EXPENSES AT ALL OFF CAMPUS
DAYCARES OR BABY SITTER OF YOUR CHOICE.