Financial Aid Office
Work Study Statement of Understanding
Please carefully read this form, sign, date and drop off at Financial Aid ofﬁce, SSC L177 or mail to Manchester Community College, Financial Aid Ofﬁce, Great Path,
MS #11, P.O. Box 1046, Manchester, CT 06045-1046 or fax to 860-512-3381. For more information, contact the Financial Aid ofﬁce at 860-512-3380.
I understand to be eligible for the work study program:
• I must apply to be admitted at Manchester Community College and be matriculated in a ﬁnancial-aid-eligible associate degree or certiﬁcate program.
• I must apply for ﬁnancial aid each academic year and demonstrate ﬁnancial need for employment based on federal and state standards. I must check my eligibility for work
study funds with the Financial Aid ofﬁce before submitting this form.
• I can post my resume on College Central Network (CCN) and use the system to review/apply for on-campus positions available: www.collegecentral.com/manchester.
• I will need log into my MCC student email account regularly to check for announcements about available work study positions.
• I must be enrolled for at least six credits while I participate in the work study program to avoid penalties.
• I must be making satisfactory academic progress. (Warning and probation/waiver students may be eligible.)
• I am not authorized to work more than 17 hours per week while classes are in session.
• I may be required to participate in trainings or informational workshops.
• The Payroll Department may be required to perform a background check on me.
Student’s Signature Date
I understand that work study positions are NOT guaranteed for all eligible students.
Date Received _______/_______/__________ Reviewed By ______________________________
Referrals: Send By (Initials) Date