12th Annual Fountain-Luria
Randolph Community College Student Leadership
Academy Application Requirements
(Please read ALL requirements carefully)
Randolph Community College’s Student Leadership Academy provides a dynamic, intensive student
leadership training/motivational experience to students who are selected annually in a competitive
process by the Student Leadership Academy Committee.
Topics will include the following:
• What is Leadership?
• Team Building
• Personality Types and Leadership Styles
• Communication and Leadership
• Tools of Leadership
• Servant Leadership
What is required for Academy participants?
• Participants are required to attend ALL sessions (an excused absence for extenuating
circumstances must have prior written approval by the committee chair and your designated
advisor(s); the request must be made in writing (e-mail OK).
• Friday, October 5, 2018, 10 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Team Building exercises, lunch, and a
presentation by Dr. Shackleford on “What is Leadership?”
• Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 3:30 to 5 p.m. – Graduation practice
• Tuesday, March 19, 2019, 6 p.m. – Graduation (student presentation) and reception
• Four, two-hour daytime sessions to be determined based on participant class and work
• Participants must take the personality type indicator test and submit results to Kelly Heath at
firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 8. The link to the test will be emailed to all
accepted members of the Academy.
• Participants must complete a group leadership project and present the project results at
graduation. Groups will be required to develop a group contract with expectations of group
members. Keep in mind that group projects involve time in meetings with team members to plan
the project and time executing the project. Project proposals will be due to your faculty advisors
by Wednesday, November 21.
• Participants must develop a personal portfolio (due by December 7), which will be reviewed by a
Human Resource professional during a mock interview between Tuesday, January 22 and
Thursday, January 24, 2019.
• Appropriate business casual or professional dress is required at all sessions. Further details on
this will be given to students accepted into the Academy.
(Failure to complete any of these requirements is grounds for dismissal from the Academy)